- Monday 29th January - Friday 9th February 2018 (ongoing needs)
- $1200 per hour + GST (negotiable on length of contract)
- Travel and accommodation provided
- Ongoing locum opportunities
Situated on the coast of East Arnheim land this island is approximately 55 km long and 6 km across at its widest point. It is the largest Aboriginal community in northeast Arnhem Land and is the second largest Aboriginal community in the Northern Territory. It is home to almost 1000 Indigenous original people, members of the hyper-cerebral Yolngu group of clans. It is a place of lush natural beauty, the curving beaches are surrounded by deep-red cliffs, the forests of acacia and stringbark. This is a dry community were alcohol is prohibited.
You will work Monday – Friday from 8 am – 4.30 pm with no weekends or on-call required. This is a solo practice which is well run by a reliable practice manager with the support of practice nurses and Aboriginal health staff. The software used is communicare and training can be provided. Self-contained accommodation will be provided in the community.
- FRACGP or equivalent
- Registration with AHPRA
- Current emergency medicine certificate (ALS, REST etc.)
- NT WWCC
- National police clearance